Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Constipation During Pregnancy - What can i take for constipation during pregnancy

Could you be pregnant? Constipation (like, severe constipation) is one of the lesser known pregnancy side effects. I would think the gluten could cause problems, but not problems that would go on this long. Take a magnesium supplement (citrate or bisglycinate) - about 800mg or more a day. That should get things moving again, plus magnesium is an important supplement for many processes of the body, so you need it anyway.

Are you getting enough sleep? For whatever reason, when I don't get enough sleep, I get constipated. Stress can do it too. Another kinda weird thing I do to get things moving when I am chronically under-sleeping is to take a day and eat only fruit and vegetables (and I mean A LOT of fruit and vegetables). That always helps.

I don't think you should cut down on meats & eggs, as you want a variety of protein sources. Eggs in particular are rich in vitamins we tend to be deficient in, such as selenium and chromium. However, do you make sure 50% of your plate is vegetables to go with that protein? That's the general rule of thumb for good health. Do you have leafy greens in your diet? When I don't get enough greens I get super constipated. Hope all my comments on the page helped.

Constipation During Pregnancy

It could definitely be the coffee. It is a laxative. Are you getting enough soluble fiber? Most common source is grains, so you might be taking in less now on Paleo. Here are some paleo foods. Another supplement you might consider is acacia Senegal, sold on the same site. This is probably going to sound like heresy here, but try cutting down on fiber. For me i had the same problem, and basically went on keto/paleo diet and that results in a lot more fiber in my diet. I went from BM every 2 days (pre paleo) to BM 1x per week and painful! After a frustrating month, i did some research, found gutsense.org I cut fiber out completely (except for maybe a cup of mixed greens for breakfeast). Within 2 days i was having painfree BM 1x per day at same time of day! I never had anything like that, even pre paleo. Give it a shot.

Maybe try some probiotics? I've been eating a lot of yogurt and probiotic drinks ... Hasn't been helping. That's probably because commercial yogurt and most probiotic yogurt drinks at the store have realistically, almost no probiotics. Did a bunch of research when I had to take probiotics myself. There are certainly not enough to help your gut. Try making some homemade yogurt !  [Read More]

0 comments:

Post a Comment