Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pregnancy and Constipation - Doctor gave me advice to help constipation, though you ladies would like to know!

        I had an appointment a few days ago and we were talking about vitamins and she was telling me how good vitamin c is for us pregnant women and then she slipped me some much needed advice she said that you can't overdose on vitamin c but if I'm constipated I can get the gummy or chewable kind and munch on it and once my body gets enough in order to get rid of the extras it will give you the runs and help pregnancy and constipation. So hubby bought me a little jar and I began munching and low and behold within an hour duty called. So vitamin c can really help if your constipated and luckily it tastes pretty great.

        I've read that mega-dosing on vitamin C can cause miscarriages. It might have just been an issue during early pregnancy, and I'm sure you'd need to take a hell of a lot of it, but still, be careful. I'll go see if I can find where I read that. www.naturesquickconstipationcure.com and advice to help constipation
About 45% of women with confirmed pregnancies are successful when using vitamin c (ascorbic acid) with the purpose to end a pregnancy at home. Vitamin C can cause self induced miscarriage or abortion in the doses of 6000 to 10000mg. Excess vitamin C during the first month of pregnancy could suppress the production of progesterone which responsible for a miscarriage in women.
So its probably ok to take supplements if you're farther along, but be careful if you're in early pregnancy. And I want to mention that its silly when its said that you can't over dose on something, because you can overdose on ANYTHING. Even if your body flushes out what it doesn't use, it still has to digest it all, and that can be damaging to your kidneys, liver, etc.

        Vitamin C is generally safe in excess of the 100% found in most vitamins but if it were me I would do some more research before making it a daily thing: www.naturesquickconstipationcure.com

"Pregnancy and Breastfeeding"
        Vitamin C intake from food is generally considered safe during pregnancy. It is not clear if vitamin C supplementation in amounts exceeding Dietary Reference Intake recommendations is safe or beneficial during pregnancy. There are rare reports of scurvy due to tolerance or resistance in infants born to mothers taking extra vitamin C throughout the pregnancy. The data are too few to say if vitamin C supplementation alone or combined with other supplements is beneficial during pregnancy. Preterm birth may increase with vitamin C supplementation."

        That's funny. I was constipated for months when I got pregnant and the only thing that finally helped me was eating mandarin oranges. I eat about 2 or 3 a day and you could set a watch by my bowel movements now.  [Read More]

0 comments:

Post a Comment